Although there are some exceptions out there (like anorexic people and most of the HIV dating community, for example), a large majority of us is constantly sporting some extra stomach fat that we wish would go away on its own, right?
And even though this can be a hard goal to accomplish depending on our eating habits and general lifestyle, losing excess weight can be done over time with a couple of easy and simple exercises that one can implement into a morning routine without a problem. In that name, here are three quick exercises that will help you lose unwanted pounds on your belly.
1. Straight Leg Raise
This exercise is first and foremost used to build lower abdominal muscles. However, in doing so you’ll also be decreasing the amount of flab you’ve been carrying on your belly. Ab exercises are known to be among the best when it comes to losing fat, and the straight leg raise is just another proof of that.
Here’s how to do it:
- With your hands under your glutes, lay down on your back and ensure it’s on the floor in its entirety and that your toes are pointing outwards
- Without bending your knees, lift your legs upwards until they are at a 90° angle with your torso
- Begin lowering your legs slowly, but try to keep them in the air and as close to the ground as possible without actually landing them
- Make absolutely sure that your back is always all the way on the floor so that your lower back and abs get engaged as much as possible
- Repeat the move about 10 times per set
2. Traditional Crunch
While there are many that will deny the usefulness of the crunch, expert trainers and bodybuilders alike swear that this exercise is exactly what a person needs to grow belly muscles and to lose any unneeded weight around the abdominal area.
Furthermore, if you manage to combine traditional crunches with a low-fat healthy diet, you’ll be seeing impressive results faster than you can say “Ouch, I did about 50 crunches today!”
Here are the steps:
- Lay down on your back and bend your knees so that your feet remain on the ground
- Place your hands behind your head and lift your upper body until it connects to your knees
- Slowly exhale and bring yourself to the starting position
- Do not let your elbows go inwards, as this will relieve the pressure you need to put on your abs in order to get proper results
One of the simplest exercises for burning belly fat out there is most definitely the plank. It requires very little movement, but even so, it can be exhausting and excruciatingly hard – which only means it gives amazing results, right?
To properly do the plank, follow these steps:
- From the pushup position, bend your elbows and place your forearms on the floor
- Brace your abs and hold the position for as long as you can