The use of the assessment of the quality of care in the field of health has generated important results that allow the improvement of the services offered however in the field of psychological care its use has been oriented only to the evaluation of the satisfaction of direct and indirect users. This Health Assessment is useful indicators for the development of comprehensive programs in the field of psychological care, which go beyond the simple evaluation of user satisfaction.
About Health Assessment
The utilization of the evaluation of the quality of the attention in the environment of the health generated important results that allow the improvement of the services offered however in the field of the psychological attention its use has been oriented only to the evaluation of the user’s satisfaction. In this job, you will find indicators used for the integral development of programs in the field of the psychological attention, that transcending to the evaluation of the user’s satisfaction.
The evaluation of the quality of care in the health sector: basic models and concepts.
This interest arises from the acceptance of the changes that were relatively successful in the industrial bureaucracy, which are adopted by hospitals at the end of the 19th century and the first 30 years of the 20th century. However, in the early 70s, interest in assessing the quality and productivity of healthcare systems and centers increased substantially.
In the field of healthcare, the interest in guaranteeing quality arises from the responsibility that the doctor acquires with his patient to seek the best for him (beneficence principle). Regularly, in the field of healthcare, quality has been defined considering the following basic criteria:
- Pay attention according to the current state of science;
- Properly provide health care attention that is capable and;
- To obtain care that satisfies the patient.
In this way, the parameters of quality in the field of healthcare will be different, depending on the functional position that people keep within the health care system. Therefore, the concept of quality for the doctor, the patient, the administrator, the politician, the employee, the employer, etc. it is not the same, propitiating that there is a great diversity of quality parameters, with the consequent theoretical and methodological difficulty to compare or complement them to achieve a unique and valid index.
- Scientific-technical quality (which is judged in relation to the technical and scientific advances available at that time and based on professional judgment)
- Functional quality (it is the attention that is provided as it is perceived by the patient or his family)
- Corporate quality (for example, the image transmitted by a health center, judged by patients, their relatives, potential patients and the professionals themselves and which conditions the other elements of quality)
- Quality management (which are a set of organizational techniques aimed at obtaining the highest levels of quality in an institution.
- Other concepts related to quality are total quality and quality control. Quality control refers to the processes related to checking the conformity of the product with respect to the design specifications of the product. The objective of the quality control actions is to identify the causes of the variability to establish methods of correction and prevention to ensure that the manufactured products meet the specifications of the design. Now, when quality is incorporated into all the phases of the process and all the professionals involved in them are involved.