Breast augmentation is also known as augmentation mammoplasty and it is a surgery done to ensure an increase in breast sizes. For this, breast implants are placed under the breast tissue or the chest muscles. Many women opt for this treatment since it makes them feel confident while for others it might be a part of the process of rebuilding their breasts for reasons.
Why women opt for breast augmentation?
- It is a method to enhance your appearance if one of the breasts are smaller than the other or if both of them remain small.
- It is an opted method to adjust the size of the breast after pregnancy.
- To correct possible uneven breast sizes after something like breast surgery for various other conditions.
Risks of going through with breast augmentation
- There is a possibility of a scar tissue which distorts or changes the shape of the breast implant.
- The patient might experience breast pain as well.
- There is a possibility of infections too.
- The patient might feel changes in the breast and nipple sensations.
- There is a possibility of implant leakage and ruptures.
Correcting these issues might require further surgeries or perhaps the breast implants might have to be removed.
How to prepare oneself for this?
- The first step is obviously to consult with a plastic surgeon regarding your feel, appearance, and size of your breasts.
- The surgeon will then proceed to describe specific kinds of implants, like textured or smooth, teardrop-shaped or round, silicone or saline etc. along with options regarding surgical techniques.
- Remember that breast implants won’t help in preventing your breasts from sagging, for that you might have to opt for a breast lift apart from breast augmentation.
- There is no guarantee that breast implants will last years or a lifetime. At an average you can consider an implant’s lifespan to be about a decade and implant rupture is a very real possibility.
- You might have to go for routine mammograms as well as specialized views if you go for breast implants.
- It should be noted that there is a possibility that breast implants might be an impediment in breastfeeding.
At persona, you will get the highest quality of service, one which has been tested for a period of 40 years. Persona understands your concerns regarding the risks associated with breast implants and so here you will get the best and stringently tested products which this world can offer. You will have a surgeon who will explain the whole procedure in detail. They also have their own 10-year warranty against capsular contracture and rupture. Persona ensures that you get the best possible treatment.